A recipe created by Tan Kel Vin at 23aubergine
- 2 raja pisang bananas
- 45ml banana vodka
- 20ml fresh lime juice
- 15ml gula melaka syrup
- 1 egg white
- Bittermens Xocolatl Mole bitters
- Place sliced bananas (from 2 bananas) in a vacuum bag with 200ml of vodka and seal (no vacuum)
- Place sealed pouch into a sous vide bath or a heated water bath with digital thermometer attached - at 60ºC for 40 minutes
- Strain cooled banana vodka using a coffee filter and store chilled
- Slice bananas lengthwise, place on wire rack
- Finely shave some gula Melaka, sprinkle on the bananas
- Using a blow torch, caramelize the sugar on the banana – keep aside until serving the drink
Gula Melaka syrup
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of finely shaved gula Melaka in a saucepan and heat until completely dissolved
1) Place a few slices of ripe bananas in a mixing glass and add Banana Vodka
2) Muddle until all the bananas are a smooth puree
3) Add fresh lime juice
4) Add gula Melaka syrup
5) Add egg white
6) Dry shake to incorporate and emulsify the ingredient
7) Add ice cubes and shake until drink is completely chilled
8) Strain into a coupe glass
9) Add a few drops of Bittermen’s Xocolatl Mole bitters
10) Place bruléed banana on the rim of the glass
What to expect from Singapore Cocktail Festival 2018
Loads of tasting, testing and learning to do.
you may also like
Behind the scenes
The women who move the Japanese craft beer revolution
Three sisters, together with their mother, continues the father's legacy in the craft beer business.
Cafés for the books and art lovers
Here's where you can enjoy a cuppa surrounded by some of the best things in life.
An evening of sake and artisanal food pairing with Gekkeikan Sake
Friends of Thirst Mag kick off the new year with an educational sake experience.
Carlsberg Smooth Draught now comes with a ring-pull POP cap
Now you can open a beer bottle without a bottle opener.