100,000 Scovilles - Naga Chilli Vodka (70cl, 40%)
Spirit type: Vodka
Origin: Kent, United Kingdom
Company: Master of Malt
Year established: 1985
Chilli is always part of our Asian diet, every meal we have, there is always at least one type of chillies offered to go with it. What about our drinks? No quite so.
Here is a bottle of vodka that sure will explode your taste buds. 100,000 Scovilles, crowned the spiciest vodka in the world, is infused with Naga Jolokia chillies that produces deathly fire into your mouth.
Scoville is the name of a scale that measures the spicy heat of a chili pepper. The number of Scoville heat unit indicates the amount of spiciness (called Capsaicin, a chemical compound in chilli peppers that causes the burning sensation). Naga Jolokia is rated at over one million Scoville units, hence the name denoting the amount of spicy heat unit contained in the bottle.
Before considering buying this bottle though, there are some warnings provided by the producer1. Here are their notes:
By purchasing this bottle, you agree that:
1) I have been warned and fully understand that this product contains extreme heat and should be used and handled responsibly.
2) I use this product entirely at my own risk and I understand the potential danger if used or handled irresponsibly. If I give this product as a gift I will make the recipient aware of the potential danger if used or handled irresponsibly.
3) I accept that the retailer and manufacturer of this product will, under no circumstances, be responsible for, or liable for, any claims of injury or damage arising from the use or misuse of this product and by purchasing this product, whether for myself or as a gift, I acknowledge and agree to this fact without question.
4) I am not inebriated or of unsound mind and am fully able to make a rational decision to purchase this product.
Add a bit of 100,000 Scovilles into your prawn mee next time.
1. The producer of the product is Master of Malt.
Tasting notes: To not risk losing our taster, we will let you decide the notes yourself.
£65.90 or RM327 or SGD130 (including shipping to Malaysia or Singapore)
Master of Malt - 8a London Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1DA, United Kingdom. Tel: +44 800 5200 474
Hennessy XO and the spirit of sharing
Grab your mates to share in the Hennessy XO & Ice festive pack.
you may also like
On the scene
Three things this bartender wouldn't have told you
Meet head bartender of Skybar and he's going to let you in on some secrets.
How to spend a weekend in MBS (and their latest attractions)
Of course booze is involved, and we promise you’ll look civilised.
Live the high life at Genting's High Line
Genting's newest addition is all about giving you the best of everything.
An open letter to Asia's 50 Best Bars
What's wrong with Asia 50 Best Bar's The Best Bar in [country]?
Gin and Chocolate Pairing
An experiential pairing with gin and chocolate led by Chocolatier Ning Geng and Sommelier Justin Ho.