The iconic Swedish spirit brand has a 30-year history of creative collaboration with leading artists in music, art and fashion including Andy Warhol, Jay-Z and Keith Haring.
The most recent collaboration is with house music band Swedish House Mafia formed by members of three - Axwell, Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso. The band has created a music video exclusively for Absolut Vodka, which is an expanded partnership in the band’s global tour - “One Last Tour”. In the expansion of the sponsorship, there will be exclusive pre-parties and after-parties with interviews and meet and greet sessions for the fans.
In the Greyhound music video, the robotic greyhounds controlled by the three artists in a coursing game give a fast and futuristic feel about the beat. The Absolut bottle and its drink were the only thing served to the audience. Here is the link to the video.
Swedish House Mafia will be performing at Sunway Lagoon Surf Beach on 18th January 2013. Get your tickets here.
Swedish House Mafia – Sweden
How to mix
1. Fill a rocks glass with ice
2. Add one part ABSOLUT
3. Add three parts pink grapefruit juice
4. Garnish with a wedge of pink grapefruit
The other two music artists featured by Absolut are Little Dragon from Scotland and British born Dan Black based in Paris. Each artist have their own mix and here are the recipes:
Little Dragon - Scotland
How to mix:
1. Fill a highball glass with ice.
2. Add two parts ABSOLUT MANDRIN
3. Add one and a half parts pineapple juice.
4. Add two parts cranberry juice.
5. Add two parts ginger ale.
6. Garnish with a lemon and lime wheel.
Dan Black - England
How to mix:
1. Put half a quartered lime into a rock glass.
2, Add two teaspoons of granulated sugar.
3. Muddle hard.
4. Add 2 pats of ABSOLUT CITRON and stir.
5. Fill the glass with ice and stir again