International Coffee Day falls on 1st October of every year (it shares the date with World Sake Day too!). In recognition of the beloved beverage – which we need in order to function like a proper human being - Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur is giving guests a free cup of coffee with every coffee purchased at their Latitude 03 café as well as at the hotel's in-house restaurant Gastro Sentral.
The coffee brewed here are by Master Baristas from illycaffè, an Italian brand well known for its espressos. During the launch of the celebration, we were invited to learn more about the coffee beans used in illycaffè brews as well as identifying aromas that could present themselves in their coffees. It was an enlightening session made even more fun when the Master Barista gave us a shot (haha get it?) at pouring our own coffee art.
Afternoon tea set
But pouring coffee art wasn't all the work we did. The team at Art & Bonding came over and gave us a crash course on how to paint with coffee. It's meant to be therapeutic but we think the new skill stressed everyone out a little more than it should.
On top of all that, Le Méridien also introduced its two seasonal drinks: the Nutella Mocha Smoothie and the Pumpkin Spice Latte to Latitude 03's selection of caffeinated beverages. Latitude 03 is also offering a revamped afternoon tea set featuring mushroom vol au vent sandwiches, otak-otak brioche with mango chutney, saffron quinoa al salto basil infused with tomato fondue and green tea tiramisu in chocolate cup. The afternoon set is priced at RM52nett while the seasonal drinks are RM30 each. All three are only available from 1st October to 31 December 2018.
Le Meridien Tiramisu
Call +603 2263 7432 or email email@example.com to make reservations. We know you're going to love the two new drinks at Latitude 03 so here are the recipes you could try at home.
NUTELLA MOCHA SMOOTHIE
illycaffè double espresso
1 tsp cocoa powder
10ml chili syrup
1 fresh banana
1. In a blender – place all the ingredients (except for whipped cream) and blend with crushed ice.
2. After blending, pour into a copper mug.
3. Spray with whipped cream and sprinkle cocoa flakes on top.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
illy double espresso
1. For the pumpkin spice syrup – mix pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and honey together and stir well with agave syrup until dissolved.
2. Pour double espresso into a latte glass.
3. Add 20ml of the pumpkin spice syrup.
4. Steam milk and top-up the mixture.
5. Spray whipped cream on top and garnish it with ground cinnamon.
- T -