Things are changing at Carlsberg Malaysia. With a grand party held at BRIXTON 23 at the end of April the company formally introduced their new Managing Director, Ted Akiskalos (pictured above, right), to the Malaysian market.
As of 1st May, former Managing Director Lars Lehmann is stepping down from his role after three years in Malaysia, and is promoted to Executive Committee of Carlsberg A/S (Carlsberg Group) as Executive Vice President of Eastern Europe, and also CEO of Baltika, Carlsberg’s company in Russia.
Akiskalos has some big shoes to fill as he comes in after an unprecedented year of growth in 2018, with the highest dividends in the history of Carlsberg Malaysia.
Here’s a quick fact sheet about the two MDs:
Ted Akiskalos – Greek
- Has been with the Carlsberg Group since 2010 when he joined as Vice President of Group Strategy.
- This is his third time acting as Managing Director – first was in Hong Kong, Taiwan & Macau in 2014, then in Sweden in 2016.
- Before joining Carlsberg he was with McKinsey & Company in Boston, US.
- Studied Engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), US; and completed an executive MBA with distinction from INSEAD in France.
Lars Lehmann – Dutch
- Has been with Carlsberg Group since 2003, undertaking senior positions.
- Was Regional CEO Western Europe Challenger Markets since October 2012.
- Before joining Carlsberg was in Action Nordic for three years, and Unilever Denmark for eight years.
- Has a Bachelor of Business Administration from Copenhagen Business School, as well as a Master of Science in International Marketing.